Stories of Gratitude
The impact the Avera Foundation has had on patients and families throughout the upper Midwest has inspired some of them to give back.
The generosity of many of our friends provides our foundation with the dollars to meet health care needs of people throughout eastern South Dakota and neighboring states. With these gifts, we are able to touch many lives in many ways while furthering our mission of the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Reasons to give to health care include:
- It is for the care being delivered inside the brick and mortar.
- Charitable gifts can allow Avera to build, remodel and improve space for healing when hospital revenue cannot support it.
- Programs like kidney dialysis, cancer care, hospice and palliative care can continue to give excellent care to a growing number of patients they serve.
- We can continue to provide high-quality technology in our health care services, ranging from patient record keeping/charting and consultation with other physician specialists to radiological and surgical/procedural equipment.
- Good health care keeps people in our community. This is a big one. It is easier for the patient not to have to leave their community, it creates jobs for the local economy, plus people are more comfortable being in a place where they are taken care of by their neighbors.
- Gifts help friends and family during their time of need. We rely on these gifts to make this happen.