Caring for Life
Supporting Greatest Needs
Philanthropy improves health care for your family, community, and for you by supporting new and better programs, building features, and technology. Gifts like yours to the Caring for Life fund may assist with coverage of services unmet by insurance. Your generosity enriches, extends, and enhances lives.
Gifts to Avera Foundation have provided state-of-the-art equipment and technology for patients and families, supported capital campaigns and vital health care across the Avera footprint.
As a non-profit health care system, we rely on the generosity of our donors to ensure quality care is available to all.
Here are examples of how donations to the Caring for Life fund work to benefit our patients and families:
- Offsetting transportation costs for out-of-town patients
- Prescription medication coverage when insurance doesn’t provide coverage
- Play therapy and art therapy
- Adequate counseling or intervention services for families with behavioral health struggles
- Housing for patients
- Safe sleep systems for infants who don’t have a safe place to sleep
- Mobile translators for sign and foreign languages to assist in communication between patients and their care team
- Floral and comfort items to long-term care residents
- State-of-the-art surgical equipment for biopsies
- AEDs for community organizations
- Medical mission scholarships
- Diabetes patient healthy cooking classes
- Broselow carts for pediatric resuscitation
- Other just-in-time patient and family needs